Thursday, August 25, 2016

Black Agenda Report and CPR News Interview: The Clinton and Powell War Criminal Charade

I love my weekly conversations with Don Debar on CPR News. I have a chance to talk about my Black Agenda Report columns in depth.This past week we have witnessed a public food fight between Hillary Clinton and Colin Powell. Clinton is afraid, and rightly so, that her illegal use of a private server while she served as secretary of state may derail her campaign. She had been blaming Powell and claiming falsely that he did the same thing. He did not and in any case the rules had changed when she led the state department and her actions were illegal. "Colin told me to do it" is not a get out of jail free card. Well, it is if you're a war criminal and she is that. Powell is too and that is what makes his indignation all the more amusing. The episode also points to collusion among the corporate media who have jumped to defend the indefensible Hillary. The Clinton and Powell War Criminal Charade is must reading if I may say so myself.