Sunday, March 26, 2017

Black Agenda Report and CPR News: When America Interfered in a Russian Election and Hillary Returns

The democrats breathlessly claim that the Russian government interfered in the 2016 election on behalf of Trump and that Vladimir Putin ordered this interference personally and that the alleged meddling is and I quote, "An act of war." The democratic party is in a death spiral of failure and a crisis of legitimacy. Blaming Russia kills two birds with one stone. They continue their ratcheting up of the 21st century cold war and distract attention from their pathetic state.

But I argue that even if this account is accurate, and I doubt it, the Russian government only did what the Clinton administration carried out in 1996. In that year a group of political consultants affiliated with Clinton fixer Dick Morris worked to help Boris Yeltsin be re-elected. Yeltsin's poll numbers were well behind those of his communist party rival. The American helpers went to Moscow and manipulated the process to keep Yeltsin and the oligarchs in power. Act of war? Well, its a good thing the Russians didn't feel that way. I dissected this sorry episode in my column in the March 15th issue of Black Agenda Report. I also discussed it with my Don DeBar in CPR News that week.

This week I analyzed the troubling prospect of Hillary Clinton's refusal to disappear. She is back in campaign mode. It is obvious that she must be smacked down but she still runs the democratic party and no one seems willing to hammer a stake into her heart. Hillary Returns is my column and I discussed it with Don DeBar here.